AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
SAI’s Leadership is demonstrated by the land use planning awards the firm has received for its completed projects. SAI and/or its clients have received awards and special recognition from national and state organizations and a local chamber of commerce listed below.
SAI’s Founder and President, Les Solin, FAICP, was selected to the American Institute of Certified Planners College of Fellows for his distinguished contributions to the advancement of the profession of planning. Solin also served on the AICP Commission—the profession’s national governing board and is a past Vice President the Commission and a past chair of the Commission’s Professional Practice Committee and Ethics Committee. Solin was credited as the Principal of the first AICP Professional Practice Manual (1992).
Awards and honors include:
- Award for Outstanding Innovation for Plans Preventing Military Air Field and Air Space Encroachment, Florida Planning and Zoning Association (FPZA), 2005.
- Award of Excellence for the Jt. Land Use Study for NAS Whiting Field and seven outlying airfields within Santa Rosa County, from the FL Chapter, American Planning Association (APA), 2004.
- Award of Merit from the FL Planning and Zoning Association for the City of Altamonte Springs City Plan 2020: Integrating Land Use and Transportation, FPZA, 2003.
- Lester Solin, President of Solin and Associates, Inc., Awarded Designation of “Fellow of the American Institute of Certified Planners” (FAICP) for distinguished contributions to the advancement of the profession of planning, 1999.
- National Award for Governmental Sustainable Planning in City of Key West Land Development Code, from the American Society of Consulting Planners, 1998.
- Award of Merit for Port Orange Comprehensive Plan Evaluation and Appraisal Report,” FPZA, 1997.
- Award of Merit for the City of Key West Comprehensive Plan, Florida Chapter, APA, 1993.
- Most Outstanding Comprehensive Plan for FL City ≤ 50,000 Population Award, City of Sebastian, Florida Dept. of Community Affairs, 1991.
- National Award of Special Recognition: Planning Project for St. Lucie County, Sea Turtle Protection Regulations, APA, 1988.
- Award of Excellence, St. Lucie County Coastal Regulations and Sea Turtle Protection, Florida Chapter, APA, 1987.
- Most Outstanding Public Project Award for St. Lucie County Coastal Regulations and Sea Turtle Protection, FPZA, 1987.
- Award of Merit, Port St. Lucie Comprehensive Plan, Florida Chapter-APA, 1984.
- Award of Merit, Martin County Comprehensive Plan, Florida Chapter-APA, 1983.
- Award for Public Service, Port St. Lucie Comprehensive Plan, Port St. Lucie Chamber of Commerce, 1983.